It is your responsibility to ensure that you have the correct visa to study at the University of Huddersfield. In order to maintain your immigration rights in the UK you must continue at all times to meet the terms and conditions of your visa. Download our guide below to familiarise yourself with your Tier 4 visa Rights and Responsibilities:
Tier 4 visa: Rights and Responsibilities guide
During your entire period of study at the University you must:
- Ensure that you comply with the Student Handbook of Regulations.
- Attend all classes and report any absences to your school via MyHud.
- Apply for an authorised absence via your school if you need to take a break from your study. The University will consider authorised absences as per our Attendance Policy. Please discuss any request for authorised absence with your school to check if you are eligible. Then submit and Authorised Absence Request Form and wait for approval from the Immigration team in the International Office. Please do not travel until you have received confirmation from the Immigration team that your absence has been authorised.
- Ensure that you do not work more than 15 hours per week in-term.
- Regularly check your university email (Unimail).
- Ensure your contact number and personal email on MyHud is always up to date.
- Re-enrol for each subsequent year of your course.
- If your address in the UK changes you must: Inform the University and update the new address on MyHud.
- Inform the Home Office of your new address.
- If applicable - update your Police Registration Certificate with your new address.
- If you obtain a new passport, email a scanned copy to the immigration team.
- If you change your visa or immigration category, email the immigration team.
- Make sure you do not remain in the UK beyond the expiry of your visa.
- Comply with any other requirements of your Tier 4 visa.
The following pages provide more detail about your duties and responsibilities as a Tier 4 student.