When do I start University?

Term officially starts on Monday 18 September 2023, and this is also the start of your induction week. Once you are holding a Conditional Firm or Unconditional Firm offer you can find details of your induction in the online portal 'MyHud'.

Distance learning courses run throughout the year. Please refer to the enrolment email that was sent to you to find out the start date for your specific course.

What software can I access through my University account?

Once you have enrolled you will be able to download and install Microsoft Office 365, including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint, for FREE on up to five of your own devices. You will also have access to other software via remote desktop, using an app that allows you to connect to the University network remotely. For more information take a look at the Office 365 Applications Leaflet.

What are the 2023/24 term dates? 

Term dates for 2023/24 and beyond can be found on our key dates and events page.

I applied for my tuition fee loan late. What do I need to do?

You will need to provide proof of your tuition fee loan application to the Student Finance Team in order to enrol. This is usually a letter from Student Finance England/Wales/Northern Ireland/SAAS confirming receipt of your application and quotes your ‘customer reference number’. In cases where we cannot be sure that you are eligible for funding you may be asked to pay a 25% deposit. If you are having issues with your tuition fee loan, you can email us at sfo@hud.ac.uk for advice.

When will I receive my student loan?

Once you’ve enrolled, we submit this information to Student Finance England so that your loan(s) can be processed. If you submitted your completed application to Student Finance England by the end of May (for September starts), you should receive your first student loan payment three or four working days after enrolment. If you applied after the deadline there is no guarantee that your application will be processed for the start of term. If you want to know the progress of your finance application visit www.gov.uk/studentfinance or call Student Finance England on +44 (0)300 100 0607.

Can I apply for a student loan?

Full-time undergraduate students may be entitled to a maintenance loan (also known as the 'student loan') towards living costs such as food, accommodation and travel. To find out more about the student loan please visit undergraduate maintenance loan webpage.

Postgraduate students are also entitled to apply for financial support in the form of the Postgraduate Loan from Student Finance England. This is a loan students can apply for to contribute towards Tuition Fees and living costs. For more information please visit our postgraduate loans webpage.

International students can find information on our scholarships and bursaries webpage.

Who can I speak to about fees and finance?

If you have any other questions, visit our undergraduate fees and finance or postgraduate fees and finance or distance learning fees and finance pages or get in touch:

Student Finance Office

Email: sfo@hud.ac.uk

Where can I find fee payment and information for international students?

Contact the International Office at international.office@hud.ac.uk for questions on your tuition fees including how to pay, if you are sponsored and our payment deadlines. You can also find further information on the how to pay your fees page

If you are a distance learning student, please visit https://hud.ac.uk/study/distance-learning/fees-and-finance/ or contact sfo@hud.ac.uk

Where do I go for help?

Accessing support on campus

The iPoint team will support you during your time at University. You can get help and advice on a range of practical issues, including student ID cards, certificates, letters and changing your personal details. The Team can also point you in the right direction for support in areas such as disability, wellbeing and student finance. Once you arrive you may wish to use our iPoint Campus Map to navigate around the University campus and find the student support office in your school.

If you are a distance learning student, please contact dl-support@hud.ac.uk for support. 

Where can international students go for support and guidance?

Online Drop-in sessions

For all academic enquiries please visit your School Support Office. For non-academic enquiries, please contact the International Office. 

By email: international.office@hud.ac.uk (Please note that it may take up to two working days for a response to your email). 

Visit this page to Contact the International Office

Immigration and Visa advice

Contact the University’s Immigration team for help and support, visit this page for contact details