Offering you a place

Once your application has been received, it will be given careful consideration. If the course you’ve applied for requires you to attend an interview or audition, you will be notified of what you need to do next.

When we finished considering your application you will be informed of our decision in writing. This will either be sent to you through UCAS, or if you applied directly to the University we will send you a letter.

If you are an international applicant you can find out more about what happens after you apply on our international webpages or download your offer letter from the International Applicant Portal.

We've also put together guidance and an FAQ on how Huddersfield is responsing to the Covid-19 pandemic for applicants.

Offer-making at Huddersfield

It is important to us that our offer-making is transparent. Details of all the types of offers we make are provided below.

Accepting your offer

Once you have received all your decisions you can make a firm acceptance, insurance acceptance or choose to decline the offer.

Confirming your place

When you receive your results you may need to confirm your place, find out how to do that and if you need to.

Getting your results

You can track your application on the UCAS Track webpage from 8am on results day.

Messages will be sent out during results day morning from UCAS (by email) and the University (by text) to let you know if your place has been confirmed. If you wish to give us a ring, please make sure that you have already received your results and have your UCAS personal ID handy.

Don't panic if your results are not as good as expected. We may still be able to confirm your place or offer you a place on another course through Clearing.

Unsuccessful decisions

If your application is unsuccessful and wish to receive some feedback you are able to do so in writing.

Deferring your entry

If your circumstances have changed and you no longer wish to start your studies next academic year you can defer your entry.

Transferring from another university

It's possible to transfer from another university directly onto Year 1, or subsequent years for some undergraduate courses.

Changes to or withdrawal of Courses

What happens if changes have to be made to your course either before or after you enrol as a student?

Keeping in touch

It’s important that we have your email address so that we can contact you. If you have applied through UCAS you can update your email at:

If you have submitted your application directly to the University please contact us on or telephone +44 (0)1484 472625 to change your personal details.

In June we will be sending you an email with essential links and information about starting here at Huddersfield. Please note that sometimes our emails may be diverted to your spam/junk folders. To avoid this problem make sure to include our email address to your address book.

Remember! Make sure we have your personal email rather than a college or school email, which may expire or be inaccessible over the summer.