Accept your place

Visit UCAS hub to accept your course offer with us.

Here is what you need to know about applying for undergraduate study at the University of Huddersfield including our minimum entry requirements, advice on writing a personal statement, and what happens after you apply.

Entry requirements for the majority of our undergraduate courses are expressed as a range, for example BBB-BBC at A Level or 120-112 UCAS tariff points from a combination of Level 3 qualifications or DDM-DMM in BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma.

The range entry requirements allow us to tailor our offers to the individual applicant based on their personal profile and choice of course.  The following list provides examples of information that helps to inform our admissions decisions and offer-making process:

  • Achieved and predicted grades 
  • Evidence of knowledge and commitment in personal statement  
  • Reference 
  • Performance at interview, audition, or portfolio review, where applicable 
  • Relevant experience 
  • Any exceptional circumstances 

If you have any questions about your application please contact our Student Recruitment Team on +44 (0)1484 472 625 or email If you have any queries about financing your study please visit our undergraduate fees and finance pages.

Applying for a degree


Full-time degrees

Here's what you need to know about applying for a full-time undergraduate degree.


Part-time degrees

Here is what you need to know about applying for a part-time undergraduate degree.

Interviews, auditions and portfolios

Find out more information about interviews, auditions and portfolios

Writing a personal statement

A few hints and tips to help you get started and show yourself in the best possible light.

After you've applied

Find out more information about what happens after you apply.

Minimum entry requirements

Minimum entry requirements for undergraduate applicants.

Admissions policies and data protection

Information for undergraduate applicants

Apply through UCAS

To apply for a full time undergraduate course submit your application via the UCAS (Universities and Colleges Admissions Service) website.

Deferring your entry

If you wish to start your studies the year after you apply you can do so - most of our courses accept deferred entry applications.

If you are not sure what deferred entry is or want to know for sure if your preferred course supports a deferred start date please call us on +44 (0)1484 472 625 or email us at

Contacting UCAS

If you have any queries about your UCAS application or want to track your application online you can do this on the UCAS Hub.

Alternatively you can discuss your application with UCAS by phoning them directly on 0371 468 0468 or from outside the UK on +44 (0)330 3330 2320.

Callers with hearing difficulties calling from the UK should use the Text Relay Service on 18001 0371 468 0468 and from outside the UK call + 00 151 494 1260 (text phone) and ask the operator to dial 0371 468 0468.