Offering you a place

Once your application has been received, it will be given careful consideration. If the course you've applied for requires you to attend an interview, you will be notified of what you need to do next.

When we finished considering your application we will inform you of our decision in writing. We will send you a letter if you applied directly to the University, or you can view our decision through UCAS.

If you are an international applicant you can find out more about what happens after you apply on our international webpages or download your offer letter from the International Applicant Portal.

Types of offers

  • Conditional offer

If you have received a conditional offer you'll need to meet certain conditions before we accept you such as obtaining certain grades. You will be informed what they are and what's the best way of supplying them to us.

  • Unconditional offer

We may also make an unconditional offer if you have already achieved your qualifications and they meet our entry requirements.

Accepting your offer

Once you have received our offer you need to accept or decline by either returning the decision slip (if you have applied directly to the University) or via UCAS (if you have applied via UCAS).

If you accept your offer of a place at Huddersfield and enrol as a student at the University, you will be asked to enter into a binding agreement with us, under which you will be subject to the University's regulations, policies and procedures.

Once you've accepted your offer from us, you will be given access to our online pre-enrolment portal known as 'Your Next Step', which includes useful information that you need to know before joining your course. We will email you once the portal is available and tell you how to access it.

Unsuccessful decisions

If your application is unsuccessful and wish to receive some feedback you are able to do so in writing. You can request your feedback within 6 weeks of getting your decision. Please include the following information when making your request:

  • Full name
  • UCAS Personal Identification Number (if your application was made through UCAS)
  • Date of birth
  • Name of course applied for
  • Interview date (if applicable)

You can request your feedback by emailing us, or by post: Student Recruitment Team, University of Huddersfield, Queensgate, Huddersfield, HD1 3DH.

Please note that feedback can be requested and is provided only in written format within 6 weeks of receipt of a valid request.

Further information is available in our Admissions Policy (see section 4 - Feedback to applicants).

Confirming your place

If your offer of a place is conditional upon examination results and/or qualifications, you will need to send us proof of these to confirm your place.

EU applicants - Please supply a verified translation of your official results, along with a copy of your original examination transcript.

Please send copies of your proofs of examination results and/or other qualifications by e-mail using 'Outstanding Qualifications' in the subject line and making sure to include the course that you have applied for (e.g. Outstanding Qualifications Pharmacy). Alternatively you can complete our Results Report Formand return it to the address below with copies of your relevant results/qualifications as soon as possible.

Please send copies of your proofs to: RESULTS REPORT FORM, Student Recruitment Team, University of Huddersfield, Queensgate, Huddersfield, HD1 3DH.

Non-academic conditions

If your place is conditional subject to passing a health check or Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) clearance, then you do not need to send us any examination results. If you have been asked to obtain a DBS clearance as part of your conditional offer, it is your responsibility to check this has been sent to us. Please send the original certificate to your school contact. School contact details will be available in your course joining section of the pre-enrolment portal.

Deferring your entry

If your circumstances have changed and you no longer wish to start your studies next academic year you can defer your entry. Most of our courses accept deferred entry applications.

If you are unsure what deferred entry is or whether your preferred course supports a deferred start date please email our Student Recruitment Team at or call us on +44 (0)1484 472 625 and we will be able to help.

Keeping in touch

It’s important that we have a valid email address so that we can contact you.

If you have submitted your application directly to the University please email us at or call us on +44 (0)1484 472 625 to change your personal details.

If you have applied through UCAS you can update your email at:

In June we will be sending you an email with essential links and information about starting here at Huddersfield. Please note that sometimes our emails may be diverted to your spam/junk folders. To avoid this problem make sure to include our email address to your address book.

Remember! Make sure we have your personal email rather than a college or school email, which may expire or be inaccessible over the summer.

Connect with us on social media

Have a burning question about joining the University or your course?

Visit our social media directory, connect with us and ask away. We also have subject profiles on the 'Huddersfield Student Lives' webpages, the content of which comes directly from our students so you're never far away from finding the answer to your questions – no matter how big or small they may seem!