Introduction to our programmes

These programmes have been developed in collaboration with the Kirklees Health and Care Partnership and Calderdale Cares Partnership. They are designed to encourage providers across the health and care systems to learn together. 

The Professional Manager Apprenticeship will support aspiring or new managers with responsibility for projects or teams, to gain a broad range of practical knowledge and skills. This is a level 5 qualification with an option to progress onto the Chartered Manager Degree Apprenticeship on completion. Learners will be awarded a Certificate of Higher Education at the end of Professional Manager Apprenticeship and will be granted chartered manager status by the CMI.

The Senior Leader Higher Apprenticeship will equip aspiring or new senior leaders with the knowledge and tools to contribute to their organisation's strategy and direction. Learners will gain skills to inspire and guide a team within demanding and fast-changing contexts. This is a level 7 qualification with an option to progress to a Master's level qualification (not levy funded). Learners will be awarded a Postgraduate Diploma in Management at the end of the Senior Leader Higher Apprenticeship and will be granted chartered manager status by the CMI.

Both programmes are available to people working in the public, private or third sectors in organisations of any size.


Register your interest

Fill in our Expression of Interest form and a member of our Apprenticeship team will be in touch with the next steps.


Book onto a briefing session

Attend an online briefing session to find out more about our Health and Care apprenticeship programmes. 


Level 5 Professional Manager Apprenticeship

This course is aimed at anyone already in a managerial role or looking to develop into one.


Level 7 Senior Leader Higher Apprenticeship

This programme is designed for anyone with leadership responsibilities at a higher organisational level.

Course length

How long will the course run for?

Course cost

How much does an Apprenticeship cost?


What is the criteria to apply?

How to apply

How do I register my interest? 

Case studies

Lidia Holroyd Apprenticeship Learner Senior Leader Level 7

Lidia Holroyd

System Flow Coordinator

"I’ve been a manager for 14 years and some of the things I’ve learnt I'd never even considered before. It's really made me think about how I approach and impact team leaders in my role and how I can engage them before I can even about initiating real change."

Daniel Smith Level 7 Senior Leader Apprentice

Daniel Smith

Head of Operations and Compliance

"If you're thinking of your next steps and your personal development within your organisation, I would definitely recommend this course for you. It’s given me the tools to become a senior leader."

Shelley Rochford Level 7 Senior Leader Apprentice

Shelley Rochford

Head of Risk and Compliance

"When we’re learning on campus it's great to all be together in one room and bounce ideas off each other. The learning helps me put things into perspective and you can apply everything straight directly into your role."

Find out how our CMI-accredited management and leadership apprenticeships can benefit learners and their organisations.

Meet the team


Dr Peter Greenan - Level 5 Course Leader

Learn more about our Level 5 Course Leader. 


Dr Mark Horan - Level 7 Course Leader

Learn more about our Level 7 Course Leader. 


How will I be taught?

Both levels have a flexible, blended, work-based teaching approach, learning will take place in Huddersfield Business School and in the workplace. Learners will study for an average of 6 hours per week. You will also be learning alongside other people from across the range of health and care organisations in Kirklees.

How much will it cost?

These programmes are fully funded by the Apprenticeship Levy. For employers who do not pay into the levy, the government will pay 95% of the course costs. There is additional support available for the remaining 5%.

How will I be supported through my studies?

Learners will have access to services such as our 24/7 library, student support, and academic skills development. Our course team and Workplace Learning Coaches will be available for support throughout, as well at the interactive virtual learning environment. Your employer should also be another route of support during your studies.

What are the benefits?

  • The Senior Leader Higher Apprenticeship is accredited with Chartered Management Institute Level 7.
  • CMI accreditation - upon completion learners can register as full members with the CMI and those with 3 years of managerial experience can apply for Chartered Manager status.
  • Deliver productivity gains - apprenticeships help public services to innovate and transform organisational cultures around learning and development.