The Progression Module is a structured off-the-shelf HE and employment preparation programme for all sixth form and college students.
The module includes four units of study:
- You and Your Career
- Exploring Your Future
- Managing Your Money
- Marketing Yourself
As part of the Module students will participate in a range of practical activities in preparation for HE or employment.
Unit 1: Work experience preparation, career planning, CVs and letters of application
Unit 2: HE and employment finance budget planner
Unit 3: HE and employment decision making exercises
Unit 4: Mock interviews, presentation skills and writing personal statements
The benefits of the Module
There are many benefits to the Module for students, tutors and schools and colleges.
- Assist students with research, decision making and applications to university or employment
- Flexible delivery methods to suit your specific needs
- Can deliver 50+ Guided Learning Hours to create a full-time study programme for your students
- Skills development including research, self-reflection, interview skills and presentation skills
- Formal recognition for students’ work (12 UCAS points recognised by the University of Huddersfield, Leeds Beckett University and Leeds Trinity University)
- The University of Huddersfield will guarantee interviews, auditions or offers to all Progression Module students who have successfully completed the programme and who meet the published academic and non-academic entry requirements
- Ongoing CPD opportunities for tutors delivering the scheme
- Workshops to enhance the module: student finance, personal statements, mock interviews and presentation and interview skills
- Transport costs will be paid for groups of Progression Module students to on-campus visits and Open Days
- The Progression Module meets the following Gatsby Benchmark/s: GB1, GB2, GB3, GB4, GB5, GB7
The Module is delivered by school or college staff, supported by training, teaching resources and ongoing support from the University.
Successful completion of the scheme earns the participant 12 UCAS points that are recognised by the University of Huddersfield, Leeds Beckett University and Leeds Trinity University.
Find out more by downloading our Progression Module Flyer watching our video or emailing S.Craven@hud.ac.uk.