The University of Huddersfield has been honoured to welcome many Royal visitors over the years.
The Duke of Kent, The Duke of Gloucester and The Duchess of Kent are among members of the Royal family who have visited the University to open or to inspect new buildings and facilities. In 2007, Her Majesty The Queen was our guest when, accompanied by The Duke of Edinburgh, she unveiled the foundation stone of the architecturally-stunning new Richard Steinitz Building.
In the years that have followed the University has welcomed His Royal Highness The Prince of Wales, HRH The Duke of York, KG and we had the pleasure of subsequent visits from HRH Princess Beatrice and HRH The Princess Royal.
To find out more about the University's Royal visits, please follow the links below.
- 2017 - His Royal Highness The Earl of Wessex was introduced to the world of antique counterfeiting when he will be shown the technology used to verify historic weaponry on behalf of national auction houses.
- 2016 - Her Royal Highness Princess Beatrice praised Royal designs by fashion students Celine Constantinides and Amy Bean on her visit to University of Huddersfield in December.
- 2016 - His Royal Highness The Duke of York KG presented the annual Duke of York Young Entrepreneur Awards and attended the 2016 Graduation Ceremonies.
- 2015 - His Royal Highness The Duke of York KG was installed as Chancellor of the University of Huddersfield at the July 2015 Graduation Ceremonies.
- 2015 - Her Royal Highness The Princess Royal officially opened the University of Huddersfield's new £22.5 million Student Central building and met and viewed the work of some of the University’s fashion, design and textiles degree undergraduates.
- 2014 - His Royal Highness The Duke of York KG presented The Duke of York Young Entrepreneur Awards to a group of young people, comprising current students and graduates, to mark the success of their respective start-up businesses.
- 2014 - Her Royal Highness The Princess Royal paid a special visit to the University of Huddersfield to back a campaign to boost the numbers of women who study science and engineering subjects and make their careers in those fields.
- 2013 - His Royal Highness The Duke of Kent presented the University with both the Queen’s Award for Enterprise Promotion and the Queen’s Award for International Trade.
- 2013 - Her Royal Highness Princess Beatrice attended a fashion show featuring models wearing outfits from the collections of the University's final year fashion design and costume design students.
- 2013 - His Royal Highness The Duke of York KG opened the University's new 3M Buckley Innovation Centre.
- 2012 - His Royal Highness The Prince of Wales visits the University campus.
- 2010 - His Royal Highness The Duke of York KG opened the International Study Centre within the Business School.
- 2009 - His Royal Highness The Duke of Gloucester KG GCVO: Business School gets Royal seal of approval when the foundation stone is unveiled.
- 2008 - His Royal Highness The Duke of Kent attended the Offical opening of the Richard Steinitz Building.
- 2007 - Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II unveiled the Richard Steinitz Building foundation stone.
- 2001 - His Royal Highness The Duke of York KG visits Canalside and Lockside.
- 1972 - Her Royal Highness The Duchess of Kent attended the official opening of the Central Services Building.