Enhance your career
At Huddersfield, we have more than 4,500 students studying for a postgraduate qualification with us.
Our students have taken the decision to continue to study at a higher level or return to education in order to advance their careers, or simply for the love of their subject. Whichever motivates you we can offer you the ideal environment in which to pursue your studies.
We offer all of our students a supportive environment with the very best academics and state-of-the-art facilities to help you to enhance your career.
Here are just a few benefits of studying for a postgraduate qualification:-
- Advance your career – a postgraduate qualification can give you an extra edge in the competitive jobs market and provide you with the skills to increase your progress on the professional ladder.
- Career change – many postgraduate courses can offer a route into a new profession and conversion courses can help you get into a new industry quickly, such as teaching.
- Pursue your passion for learning – courses at a higher level can enable you to explore niche interests and disciplines. Taught courses provide the option to select modules of interest to you and if you undertake a postgraduate research degree you have the freedom to scope your own study path to meet your goals.
- Gain accredited qualifications – careers such as teaching and nursing require specific qualifications and studying at a postgraduate level will enable you to achieve this.
- Be your own boss – some of our students have chosen to study at a postgraduate level to assist them to start their own business or move into consultancy. For aspiring start-ups and individuals, our Enterprise Team is on-hand to help you get your big ideas off the ground.
- Gain industry insights and develop your professional network – this is often a secondary reason for entering postgraduate study but with our excellent industry links and focus on research you’ll have an opportunity to develop contacts to assist your career progression.
Interested? Find out more...
*Destinations of Leavers Survey 2012/13.