Applying to the University
Please apply through UCAS. Do not apply directly to the University as you will not be eligible for government financial support.
Please apply directly to the University online.
International students (non-EU)
You need to meet or aim to meet the University’s entrance criteria. To see what we look for, please visit our country pages. If your qualifications are not acceptable (and you are from outside of the EU) you could study one of our degree preparation programmes at the International Study Centre and then proceed directly to your University course.
When applying to the University of Huddersfield, you must submit supporting paperwork. This should include the following:
- Academic transcripts/marksheets and certificates/diplomas
- Proof of English language skills
- Personal statement/statement of purpose
- Two references
- Sponsorship confirmation (if your fees are going to be paid by your government or other organisation)
- A copy of your passport and current visa if you are an international student already living in the United Kingdom
- Portfolio for many courses in Art, Design and Architecture and Music
It is free to apply to the University of Huddersfield course and you are welcome to apply for up to three courses. You can apply in one of two ways:
To apply for a PhD or other postgraduate research, please visit Research Degrees.
The deadline for courses starting in September entry is 31 July, and 30 November for January entry.
What happens next?
We will keep you up-to-date with the progress of your application by email and the Applicant Portal.
Tuition fee deposit
All self-funded, full-time international applicants must pay a tuition fee deposit (a minimum of 50% of your tuition fees) as a condition of their offer, to reassure the UK Border Agency that you are a genuine student and therefore support your visa application. Please note that although it is very rare that our students are refused their visas, we will return your deposit if this happens.
- The quickest and most convenient way is with our secure Card Payment Gateway.
- Credit card. Please telephone us on +44 (0)1484 473618 with your details.
- Cheques either drawn on a personal account or sent via overseas bank transfer. They should be made payable to: “THE UNIVERSITY OF HUDDERSFIELD HEC”. Please forward cheques directly to the International Office.
- Direct credit/bank transfer. The following details will be required for processing your transfer:
Bank: LLOYDS TSB BANK PLC
Branch: 1 WESTGATE, HUDDERSFIELD, HD1 2DN
Sort Code: 30-94-43
Account Name: THE UNIVERSITY OF HUDDERSFIELD HEC
Account Number: 01482770
Swift Code: LOYD GB 21026
Iban code: GB 46 LOYD 30944 301 482 770
You may require ‘ATAS clearance’ before applying for a student visa if you apply for:
- Accelerator Science MSc
- Automotive Engineering MSc
- Automotive and Motorsport Engineering MEng
- Chemical Engineering MEng
- Energy Engineering MEng
- Engineering Control Systems and Instrumentation MSc
- Mechanical Engineering MEng
- Mechanical Engineering MSc
- Mechanical Engineering Design MSc
- Oil and Gas Engineering with Management MSc
- Turbocharger Engineering MSc
If so, we will tell you this in your offer letter and full details can be found on ATAS.