What is the enrolment process?

Enrolment on your course is a formal requirement of joining the University. You can find more information about this on our online portal, 'MyHud'. You will receive an email giving you details of how to access MyHud.

International students

Please note the information on this page is for applicants from the United Kingdom (UK) and those with pre-settled and settled status.
All other applicants can find Enrolment Guidelines in the Enrolment section of the International Applicant Portal. We also recommend that you download our useful Pre-Departure Checklist.

Students from a country outside the UK can speak to the International Office about their application at our dedicated drop-in sessions.

Fees and finance

You will need to have a payment plan in place to pay your tuition fees before you can enrol*

Find out more information about fees and finance.

*If your tuition fees are to be paid in part or full by an employer or sponsor, the employer or sponsor should provide the University with written confirmation on letter-headed paper. The letter should include your full name and the full invoice address. Where tuition and related fees are to be paid in part only, the amount to be paid by the employer or sponsor should be clearly stated. Employers will be invoiced for the appropriate fee as soon as possible and the invoice will be payable within 28 days of the invoice date. We regret that we are unable to allow employers to pay in instalments.

Identity and eligibility to study check

Once you accept our offer of a place, you will receive an email asking you to provide us with a copy of your passport or EU national identity card, together with any relevant visa documentation where applicable. If you don't have either of these documents, you can send us a copy of your photographic driving licence and full birth certificate, together with any relevant visa documentation. If you don't have any of the above please see what alternative Acceptable forms of ID document you could provide, or email us for further advice.

Once you have formally enrolled you can:

  • Obtain your student ID card.
  • Access the University library and computing facilities. These will be available within 24 hours of enrolment including access to online course resources such as Brightspace, your virtual learning environment.
  • Request bank letters and council tax exemption certificates, if required.

Important information

Your application is governed by the University's Undergraduate or Postgraduate admission policies and procedures.

When you enrol as a student of the University, your study and time with us will be governed by a framework of regulations, policies and procedures, which form the basis of your agreement with us. These include regulations regarding the assessment of your course, academic integrity, your conduct (including attendance) and disciplinary procedure, fees and finance and compliance with visa requirements (where relevant).

It is important that you familiarise yourself with these as you will be asked to agree to abide by them when you join us as a student.

Please view the guide to the key terms for Undergraduate and Postgraduate study, where you will also find links to the full text of each of the regulations, policies and procedures referred to.

Data Protection for applicants

The information you provide will not be passed to any third parties outside of the University of Huddersfield, except where this is necessary for the purpose specified above (for example, we may need to share your information with our contractors providing externally hosted IT systems), in which case such sharing will be compliant with data protection legislation.

To find out more about how the University of Huddersfield processes personal data, please visit our Student Privacy Notice. If you have any queries about the use of your information, the University Data Protection Officer can be contacted at data.protection@hud.ac.uk.

The standard response to enquiries about individuals is that information cannot be disclosed to other organisations and/or individuals without consent from the applicant themselves. Therefore, we are unable to talk to your parents or any other third parties about your application without your consent. We will, however, be able to give general information regarding our application procedures.

In addition, the University of Huddersfield Intellectual property policy explains the arrangements the University has put in place to deal with IP created by its staff and students.

Contact us

If you have any queries about your enrolment contact our Student Records Team on +44 (0)1484 473330 or email studentrecords@hud.ac.uk

For more information check out our Welcome FAQs.