Equality and Diversity
Every Researcher Counts
The University of Huddersfield is passionate about equality and diversity and participates in 'Every Researcher Counts' to improve equality and diversity for researchers within higher education.
In support of this important national initiative the University
- has appointed a senior manager to participate in the national network of equality and diversity champions
- helps to create resources and case studies for staff developers to embed in training materials
- helps disseminate resources and case studies by taking part in national and regional events
The University's commitment and progress are reviewed as part of our implementation plan for the Concordat to Support the Career Development of Researchers. Our work will complement that of the national initiative to
- ensure that equality and diversity in relation to research staff is understood, visible and prioritised
- train staff who are informed and experienced in equality and diversity for research staff
- provide mechanisms to share good practice and increase the knowledge base on equality and diversity provision for research staff
- increase the knowledge, expertise and capacity of trainers and developers working with research staff
- build capacity within the University through providing high quality targeted resources relating to equality and diversity for research staff.
Equality Challenge Unit - promoting equality and diversity in higher education.