International Institute for Accelerator Applications
News stories about the Institute and its members
This story published on Friday 12 May 2017
The University’s International Institute for Accelerator Applications will make up two key elements of the £8.8 million UK National Ion Beam Centre
This story published on Wednesday 29 March 2017
One of five PhD graduates from the IIAA taking up a fellowship at CERN, Dr David Lee successfully defended his thesis.
This story published on Monday 19 September 2016
The three-day 4th International Workshop on Accelerator Driven Systems and Thorium was held at the University between 31 August and 2 September
This story published on Friday 26 August 2016
£639,000 project will create new collimators for the Large Hadron Collider’s luminosity upgrade
This story published on Friday 5 October 2012
APS spotlights our new Phys Rev Lett paper on the proposed IsoDAR experiment
This story published on Thursday 14 June 2012
The 200 KeV MEIS facility has arrived at the IIAA in Huddersfield from its previous home in Daresbury
This story published on Monday 28 May 2012
Leading accelerator scientist Carol Johnstone is joining Huddersfield's new International Institute for Accelerator Applications as a visitng professor
- The latest IoP PAB group newsletter contains an article on the CDT meeting at CERN, written by Jordan Taylor (who organised it) and an article on the EuCARD2 meeting on the impact of parciel accelerators, written by Rob Edgecock (who organised it).
- MEIS re-opening featured in the latest IoP PAB group newsletter. And Aimee Hopper wins a poster prize.
- Meeting on Applications of Particle Accelerators in Europe, organised by Rob Edgecock, held in London.
- Article about MEIS, the symposium, and also MIAMI in Labmate-online
- Stephen Donnelly awarded £3.5M to build MIAMI-2 in Huddersfield
- News of the re-opening of MEIS on the Alpha-Galileo news website, in the ASTeC group newsletter and our own blog.
- Article on the IIAA in the IoP PAB group newssletter
- Future muon sources workshop featured on the Huddersfield Unversity website
- The new Huddersfield Cafe Scientifique
- Investing in Thorium according to Rathbones plc
- Bob Cywinski laying the foundations of the ESS - literally as well as metaphorically.
- Huddersfield Examiner on our role in the ESS
- The IIAA and Thorium in the Huddersfield University Discover Research magazine
- Huddersfield is highlighted in the METRO piece on Thorium, both the Metro (London) and Metro(Scotland) editions and is picked up online
- Becky Seviour has been giving evidence to the Parliamentary Select Committee on small modular reactors, putting the case for Thorium.
- Simon Albright featured on the university news site for his PFNA work on contraband detection.
- Roger Barlow has an article in CERN courier looking back to the start of the particle Physics Masterclasses
- Roger Barlow gets a mention in Teeside for his talk on thorium in Stockton
- Article (in Korean) about Thorium by our student David Lee in Science Times.
- Article about the IIAA and Enterprise at Huddersfield in the Times Higher
- Article about the analysis of the Mary Rose cannonballs in the Telegraph
- Article about Thorium, Huddersfield and Professor Bob Cywinski in The Guardian
- Article about EMMA in the Huddersfield Examiner
- EMMA at the EU innovation convention, with Rob Edgecock
- Announcement of he new MSc course in the IoP PAB group newsletter