Modern Slavery and Human Trafficking
Our work and research supports sharing of information and collaboration between agencies/organisations in relation to human trafficking and victim care.
Cyber Crime and Human Factors
A core ambition of our research is to support cyber sensemaking and situation awareness and implement strong safeguards to prevent user-focused attacks from occurring.
Terrorism and Violent Extremism
SSI members are currently involved with projects focusing specifically on different 'extremist ideologies'. This work is conducted in partnership with a host of different agencies, groups and individuals.
Designing Out Crime
Crime Prevention through Environmental Design (CPTED)
- The design and manipulation of the built environment to reduce the risk of crime
- Exploring the link between the design features of the built environment and their association with crime risk.
Child Sexual Abuse and Exploitation
- SSI is actively engaging with partners to address the considerable gaps in recognition and action in relation to the sexual abuse and exploitation of children.
- We are committed to research that has a positive impact on improving the safety of children and society.
- Forensic ballistic research
- Forensic genetics research
- Validity of forensic research and utility of forensic evidence
- Forensic speech science
- Digital forensic research