If you are making a Tier 4 visa application from outside the UK, you must apply in your home country or a country of normal residence.

If you are applying in the UK, you can get information from our extending your visa webpage.

How to apply - outside the UK

You will need to apply online via the GOV.UK website. You can use our screenshot guide below for completing the online application. 


How to complete a Tier 4 online application English version (Adobe PDF - English version)


Collecting your BRP

University of Huddersfield is an Alternative Collection Location for receiving Biometric Residence Permits (BRPs) for its students, which means that you can have your BRP delivered directly to the University instead of having to collect it from a post office. To have your BRP delivered to the University of Huddersfield, you must enter our Alternative Location code when applying online for your Tier 4 visa. Our ACL code is 2HE992. This will ensure that your BRP comes direct to us here at the University of Huddersfield, which you can collect when you come to enrol. For further detail, see the BRP – Biometric Residence Permit webpage.