If you are a student or a member of staff and have symptoms of Covid-19 or have had a positive test

Report it to us.  Please look at the new FAQs to familiarise yourself with what to do in case you need to report symptoms or a positive test in the future.


Last updated 26 May 2021 at 11:30am

Our campus is a Covid-secure environment and is currently open for a limited number of students, on specific courses, in line with the latest Government guidance. Covid-19 precautions are in place.

The University will be operating a testing centre for students who are allowed to be on campus, in line with the Government's restrictions, and who currently have no symptoms of Covid-19. Read more.

The information below is applicable to all current students including those from overseas, if you are an international applicant yet to enrol please consult the International Office applicant FAQ page.

It is really important that you swipe in to every face-to-face class that you attend so that we can contact you in the event of someone in the class reporting Covid-19 symptoms or having a positive test. You must also wear a face covering when you are on campus, unless you are exempt from this ruling.

Please take a moment to watch our animation which shows how campus has been prepared for you, and also the animation of the guidelines we will need you to follow to stay safe.

Table of Contents
Information for this term
Frequently Asked Questions
Student Support
Staying safe on campus

Assessment for academic year 2020/2021

Any assessment where your mark contributes to your final degree outcome will be covered by our Grade Safety Policy.

Arrangements for Summer Term and advice on travel

FAQ about teaching and exams for Summer Term and travelling back to campus.

The new academic year, September 2021

Planning for the Autumn term now is well underway and we expect that the campus will be fully open.

Campus information, self-isolation guidance

Information on how you'll be kept safe, if campus is open and how to access services.

Placement FAQs 2020-21

Guidance for students on a sandwich year placement, or a short placement.

IT Resources and support

What IT resources you'll have access to, what IT equipment you'll need and support for students without access to IT.

Student Accommodation

What should you do about booking your accommodation? Should you consider commuting? Answers inside.

International Students

Guidance for international students.

Campus Cleaning

We have developed new procedures that have been carefully planned in line with Government guidance.

NHS COVID-19 app

Download the NHS app and protect yourself and your loved ones

Frequently Asked Questions

Student Wellbeing

Learn how to stay healthy, what to do if you're feeling lonely or experiencing financial hardship.


International students

Guidance for International Undergraduate, Master’s or PhD Students.

Disabled students and wellbeing issues

Find out how to access support for your studies during the Covid-19 pandemic.

Support for Students

Please start your enquiries through the following links:

*if you are unable to access HudHelp, please contact ipoint@hud.ac.uk.

If you have an urgent wellbeing enquiry please review options on the wellbeing pages and review our wellbeing emergency contacts.

If you wish to contact your School, please see our school contacts information.

Staying safe on campus

We are looking forward to welcoming students, staff and visitors back to our campus in Huddersfield.

This video explains how we will do it safely and what Covid-19 measures will be in place.

Campus preparations

This video explains how the campus has been prepared for our students and staff.


Campus cleaning measures

We are looking forward to welcoming students, staff and visitors back to our campus in Huddersfield.

This video explains the cleaning and hygiene measures in place to keep the campus safe.