Last updated 01 October 2021 at 6:00pm
Our campus is a Covid-secure environment and is now open from 19 July, in line with the latest Government guidance.
Free packs of COVID-19 rapid lateral flow tests continue to be available to collect from iPoint for home testing. Read more
To help ensure everyone remains safe on campus throughout the summer period, we would ask members of our community to help us by taking personal responsibility for their actions and by observing the following guidelines:
- All staff and students should be fully vaccinated
- All students, staff and visitors are strongly encouraged to wear face coverings indoors (unless exempt).
- All staff and students should have the NHS Covid App operating on their mobile devices.
- You must not be on campus if you are positive for coronavirus or are exhibing symptoms, and you should inform the University of your positive test.
- You must not be on campus if you have been instructed to self-isolate must follow their isolation requirements you have received.
- It is expected that staff and students without symptoms will get tested twice a week, either through the University testing centre in the Oastler building, or by picking up a home testing kit, available at iPoint in Student Central.
- For more information about how the University can support you if you have no symptoms and wish to use the testing centre or want to arrange a vaccination, visit the Covid-19 Testing Centre FAQ.
Although we have removed the requirements for social distancing, we would ask that members of our community are respectful of each other’s personal space and help us to avoid crowding on campus.
We would also ask that you take every opportunity to make use of our sanitation stations and to wash your hands on a regular basis.
(View the FAQ issued to Students)