The main Campus Support office is located in Bridge House.
The Campus Support Manager, with assistance from the Campus Support Supervisors (CSSs) and Campus Support Officers (CSOs), ensures the smooth operation of the University's day to day activities including: -
Campus Support Officers are available between the hours of 6.00am - 9.50pm Monday to Thursday and 6.00am - 8.50pm on Friday. CSOs are also available on campus at the weekend, in term time only.
Opening and locking buildings
All buildings, on the Queensgate Campus, have a number of access/exit routes which are unlocked at 6.00am Monday to Friday or as requested by the School or Department and remain open during normal daytime hours. However, to help increase the safety of staff and students, CSOs lock all "secondary" external doors at 6.00pm - access to /exit from buildings after this time is restricted to the "primary" (main) door. Primary doors are locked, again by CSO's, between 9.00pm and 9.40pm Monday - Thursday and 8.00pm - 8.40pm on Friday
Staff wanting to work outside these hours should refer to the staff handbook outlining the procedures for "out of hours lone working".
If you have any requests regarding changes to this routine please contact your School or Service Administrator who in turn will contact the Estates Helpdesk who will make the necessary arrangements.
Campus support are responsible for the general cleanliness of the buildings and campus externally. The CSOs work in close conjunction with Cleaning services to achieve and maintain standards throughout the University.
Furniture moves and room set ups
Campus Support will assist in the movement of furniture and equipment both within buildings and across campus. We also assist in room set ups for events taking place at the University.
In order for us to assist we ask that the following guidelines are used: -
- At least one weeks notice for small scale office type moves.
- Early involvement in the planning of large scale moves.
- Timescales in which the move is to be carried out.
- Layouts and plans of the rooms/office in advance of the move.
- A nominated coordinator from the School/Service
Campus Support officers carry out other duties including: -
- CSOs staff the University Control Hub between the hours of 7.00am - 7.00pm before handing over to external contractors. Further details of which can be found on the Security web page.
- Visual inspection of fire fighting equipment. Further details can be found on the Statutory Compliance web page.
- Delivery of mail and large parcels
- Minor maintenance (e.g. replacing lamps, construction of free standing furniture etc) - please make such requests via the Estates Helpdesk.
To request assistance from the CSOs please e-mail Estates General Enquiries indicating the contact name and telephone number, room number and a description of your requirements. Please remember to allow as much time as possible for us to facilitate your requirements.
If the job is an emergency please contact the Estates Helpdesk on ext 2550.