Study Abroad

The University offers a range of exciting opportunities to study and work abroad. Within Europe, the University is part of Erasmus, the European Commission's exchange programme that enables students in 31 European countries to study, work or teach for part of their degree in another country.

Erasmus - European exchanges

You can study abroad for one or two semesters, depending on the number of places available, and you can often move from one country to another to gain a different experience.

Current subjects offering Erasmus study opportunities are Business, Computing & Engineering, Human and Health Sciences, Music, Media and Humanities.

Erasmus work opportunities are available in Business, Computing and Engineering, Applied Sciences and Art, Design and Architecture.

European countries we undertake exchanges with include: Belgium, France, Finland, Poland, The Netherlands, Spain, Germany, Denmark, Norway and Sweden.

Non EU citizens are eligible to participate in Erasmus as long as they are registered as a full-time student at our institution or partner institutions in Europe. 

To find out more watch the Erasmus 'talking heads' documentary on the British Council web pages.

Study Overseas - outside of Europe

Opportunities are also available for Huddersfield students wanting to participate in exchanges outside the European Union.  We have formal exchange agreements with several international partners including:

Hong Kong Polytechnic University (Business Studies and Logistics)

SUNY (State University of New York) New Paltz (Criminology, Politics and Sociology)

For further information and details on how to apply please contact the International Office.

Want to know more?

Find out more about study exchanges including how to apply.

© 2017 University of Huddersfield - All rights reserved

VAT registration number 516 3101 90