Minimum entry requirements
These are our minimum entry requirements for undergraduate students. Please check our course listings for course-specific entry requirements as your chosen course may require additional qualifications.
Minimum entry requirements for first degree courses
We’re looking for people who have one of the following:
- Passes in five subjects at GCE/GCSE which must include two subjects at Advanced Level*.
- A Scottish Certificate of Education with:
- Passes in five subjects, three at Higher Grade or
- Passes in four subjects, all at Higher Grade.
- A National Certificate or Diploma (BTEC).
- A European Baccalaureate.
- An International Baccalaureate.
- An Access to HE Diploma with at least 45 Level 3 credits achieved at Merit.
- The Irish Leaving Certificate with Grade H6 or above in four subjects at Higher Level.
The University of Huddersfield welcomes applications from students who have taken an Extended Project Qualification (EPQ). We believe that the skills that students develop through the EPQ are directly relevant to and useful for university level study. For the majority of our courses, we will make offers which can include the UCAS Tariff points gained from the EPQ; but please check our course specific web pages for the specific entry requirements for the courses you are interested in.
* Must not include an Advanced Subsidiary GCE in the same subject as an Advanced GCE
A Level curriculum changes
We have published a statement about changes to the A Level curriculum and how this affects university applications. Read our statement about A Level curriculum changes for further information.
For entry requirements for international students please visit our international webpages for more information.