Making an application

Full-time undergraduate courses

If your present school or college is registered with UCAS (they probably will be) then ask your teacher or careers adviser to help you.

If you want to apply for a full-time undergraduate degree or foundation year, you need to submit your application via UCAS.

Not at school or college?

If you’re not at school or college but are based in the UK/EU you can apply through UCAS online independently. The UCAS website provides full instructions on the application process and also has a comprehensive guide to applying online.

International students

Applicants from non European Union countries should apply online independently unless your school or college is registered with UCAS. Further help and advice is available from British Council offices and other centres overseas. Read more information about making an application if you're an international student

Contact UCAS  

If you require further information please contact the UCAS Customer Service Unit:

Tel. 0371 468 0468 or from outside the UK +44 330 3330 2320.

Callers with hearing difficulties calling from the UK should use the Text Relay Service on 18001 0371 468 0468 and from outside the UK call + 00 151 494 1260 (text phone) and ask the operator to dial 0371 468 0468.

When to apply through UCAS

  • UK and EU students - if you’re planning to start your course with a September start date, UCAS will accept your application from September the previous year. All applications received at UCAS on or before 15 January will be considered equally. Applications made after this date will only be considered if a course still has vacancies.
  • International (non EU students) - make sure sure your application form is received by UCAS by January of the year you want to start. Places on popular courses cannot be guaranteed for applications received after mid-January. You should allow plenty of time to make immigration, travel and accommodation arrangements.

Course codes

The UCAS website gives you code names and numbers for all courses. Make sure you enter the right code on your application form. The institution codes for Huddersfield are HUDDS H60.

Missed your deadline?

If you miss the 15 January deadline, then don't panic, you can still apply for most of our courses. Read more about the options that are available to you.

Part-time undergraduate courses 

You should apply for part-time undergraduate courses using our application form. Please make sure you read the Application Guidance Notes before completing and submitting your application.

For part-time education and teacher training courses, please complete the School of Education and Professional Development online application form and select the course you are applying for. 

For Specialist Skills and Post Registration Development (SSPRD) courses, please complete our online part-time application form.

Deferring your start date

We welcome applications and requests from students who wish to defer entry (i.e. you wish to start the year after you apply) to their chosen course. Most courses consider requests for deferred entry and if you want to know if the course you're interested in allows it, then please Tel. + 44 (0)1484 473969 or Email.

Specific course requirements

Some of our courses have additional application requirements. Please check the ‘How to apply’ section within individual course listings for more information.

Contact us

If you have any questions about making an application then please contact our Admissions and Records Team on Tel. +44 (0) 1484 473969 or Email.

© 2016 University of Huddersfield - All rights reserved

VAT registration number 516 3101 90