Enrolment information for new students
- The start date for new full-time undergraduate students starting in September 2014 is Monday 22 September 2014.
- If you are studying a part-time course with us, you can enrol the week commencing Monday 15 September 2014.
Please see your course joining information (on Your Next Step) for details of the date and time of your first meeting.
We look forward to meeting you in September!
Enrolment is a two part process:
Part 1 - Your Next Step
Your Next Step, our Pre-Enrolment Portal, should be completed online before you arrive at University. This consists of 3 steps:
Step 1: Your Course (available June)
- View your course joining information, including links to recommended reading lists
- Complete individual learning and career profiles
- Upload a photo for your University Student ID card
Step 2: Your Details (available September)
- Check your personal details
- Choose option modules where applicable
- View provisional timetable information
- Health Centre registration where applicable
Step 3: Your Fees (available September)
- Pay or confirm your University fees.
What happens if I don't have access to complete Your Next Step?
Don't worry, you'll be able to use computers at the main University enrolment event on campus when you arrive. Help will be available from the enrolment team at all stages of the process.
My offer is still conditional, what should I do?
Please see question 11 'I have just met the conditions of my offer' on the Guide to 'Your Next Step' - our pre-enrolment portal
Part 2 - Arrival
On arrival at the University, you'll formally enrol with fellow students on your course. Your course tutor will advise you when to do this at your first meeting.
When you have formally enrolled you can:
- collect your University student ID card (please note, you will need to provide proof of identity before this can be obtained)
- access the University library and computing facilities - these will be available within 24 hours of enrolment - including on-line course resources (for example, Unilearn)
- request bank letters and Council Tax exemption certificates (have a quick look at 'Are there any letters I can collect once I have enrolled?').
What else do I need to know?
Starting university is an exciting time but we know there is a lot to take in. Hopefully our pre-enrolment portal Your Next Step will provide you with everything you need to know before you arrive in Huddersfield but don't worry if you still feel a bit overwhelmed. You're not on your own and there is lots of support available from both staff and students once you arrive. You can find out more about what to expect when you get here on our services and facilities pages and there is also lots of information on the website about student life and things to do in and around Huddersfield, so check them out and put your mind at ease.
A quick checklist of things to do before and after you arrive:
- check your course joining information for the date and time of your first meeting
- send in copies of your examination certificates to confirm your place if required
- complete steps 1-3 on Your Next Step to obtain your confirmation number
- provide evidence of your results to your tutor at your first meeting
- bring proof of identity to enrolment
- bring proof of financial support i.e. tuition fee loan or sponsorship
- bring your confirmation number to enrolment
- visit the helpdesk at enrolment for any letters that you may require.
Last updated Tuesday 11 March 2014
Thank you for your feedback.
Your feedback has been sent to the University Web/E-Marketing Team.