Welcome to the University of Huddersfield
Congratulations - we are delighted you will be joining us this September.
Before you arrive
Before you arrive there are a few things you need to do, so please take a few minutes to check that you have provided all the information we ask for in the pre-enrolment portal (Your Next Step)
Step one: Your course
- View your course joining information, including links to recommended reading lists
- Complete individual learning and career profiles
- Upload a photo for your University Student ID card
Step two: Your details
- Check your personal details
- Choose option modules where applicable
- View provisional timetable information
- Complete your Health Centre registration where applicable
Step three: Your fees
- Pay or confirm your University fees.
When you arrive
During the first few days you will complete your enrolment (you will come along to do that with the other students on your course - your tutor will tell you when to do this).
When you have formally enrolled you can:
- collect your University student ID card (please note, you will need to provide proof of identity before this can be obtained)
- access the University library and computing facilities - these will be available within 24 hours of enrolment - including on-line course resources (for example, Unilearn)
- request bank letters and Council Tax exemption certificates.
- The start date for new full-time students starting in September 2015 is Monday 21 September 2015.
- If you are starting a part-time course with us, you can enrol the week commencing Monday 14 September 2015.
Please see your course joining information (on Your Next Step) for details of the date and time of your welcome meeting. If you are an international student, please see this information for International students (coming soon).
Getting to know your new town
Moving to a new town is just as exciting as it is scary and Huddersfield has loads to offer whether you are an outdoor type or you enjoy a good night out. Check out our infographic that tells you the headline facts about Huddersfield and visit our About Huddersfield pages to find out more about the town you will come to call home. Or why not See Yourself in Huddersfield with our app.
Here is a list of key things to do before you start in September – why not print off the list and tick them off as you go?