Centre for Precision Technologies (CPT)
CPT has successfully secured UK and EU research funding to deliver highly innovative and industry-focussed research. Click on the projects below to find out more information about some of the most recent grant-funded projects.
- EPSRC Centre for Innovative Manufacturing in Advanced Metrology
- Fellowship in Manufacturing: Controlling Geometrical Variability of Products for Manufacturing
- Miniature, flexible and reconfigurable manufacturing system for 3D micro-products
European Research Council
SURFUND: Fundaments and Principles for Measurement and Characterization of 21st Century Science and Engineering Surfaces, Advanced Investigator Grant
EU Framework Programme (FP7)
- Nanomend: Enhanced in-line detection, cleaning and repair of nano-scale defects
- HARCO: Hierarchical and Adaptive Smart Components for precision production systems application
- EASE-R3: Integrated framework for a cost-effective and ease of Repair, Renovation and Re-use of machine tools within a modern factory
- Development of single protein fibre matrix composites for high performance cartilage repair devices
- Development of machine tool automation and reverse engineering technologies
CPT has a many commercial projects with high profile companies including De Puy, Renishaw, Rolls-Royce, Stryker and Taylor Hobson.
Current Student Projects
- Akinjide Oluwajobi - Nanomachining Technology Development
- Tahsin Opoz - Investigation of Material Removal Mechanism in Grinding Process: A Single Grit Approach
- Asma Alabed - Knowledge Management for Grinding Technology
- Akshay Potdar - Novel control systems and instrumentation for machine error measurement
Past Student Projects
There are no completed research projects submitted for this group at present.