Fees and finance
Your tuition fees will cover the cost of your study at the University as well as charges for registration, tuition, supervision and examinations.
Course fees 2014/15
Fees for Home/EU Postgraduate Students
Type of course
Annual tuition fee
Postgraduate taught full-time (MA/MSc)
Postgraduate taught part-time* (MA/MSc)
£372 per 15 credit module
£744 per 30 credit module
Human and Health clinical part-time modules*
For MBA and other postgraduate programmes please see the 'How much will it cost me?' tab on the individual course pages.
Postgraduate research degrees
If you are interested in studying for a postgraduate research degree at the University of Huddersfield, please visit our Research pages for details of the fees and finance information.
If you are an international student please visit the International Office fees and finance pages for tuition fee information.
Loans and Bursaries
Postgraduate students are not able to access the government funding system of loans and grants. But don’t let this put you off, there are plenty of other options available to help you undertake study and achieve further success in your career.
Career Development Loan
The Career Development Loan is a government-approved loan scheme where two banks, Barclays and the Co-operative, offer loans for fees and course costs. While you study on your course the interest on the loan is paid by the government, however on completion of your studies you will be begin to pay back at an interest rate that is set at your time of application. There is an option to take a payment holiday, but you need to check the exact terms and conditions of the loans on offer with the two approved banks.
For further details of the Career Development Loan system visit here.
There are also charitable organisations that offer financial help to postgraduate students who fit certain criteria. One such organisation is the Leverhulme Charitable Trust, which provides funding for research projects, fellowships, studentships, bursaries and prizes across all the academic disciplines. For further information visit the Leverhulme website.
If you require any advice and guidance contact the Student Finance Office and we will be happy to advise you.
Postgraduate progression bursaries
The University of Huddersfield postgraduate progression bursary is available to continuing students who gained their undergraduate degree from the University of Huddersfield. Bursaries are calculated automatically as part of the invoicing process when you enrol onto a postgraduate course at the University and fee invoices are adjusted to show the net amount owed, minus any bursary award.
The following bursaries are available:
- £500 for full-time postgraduate students who carry straight on following their undergraduate degree.
- For part-time postgraduate students, a bursary of £250 is applied in year one and a further £250 in year two. Again, you must continue straight through to a postgraduate qualification following successful completion of an undergraduate qualification at the University of Huddersfield (see criteria below).
- The Postgraduate Progression Bursary is available to UK and EU students who meet the criteria set out below.
- Minimum upper second class Honours degree from the University of Huddersfield.
- You must enter a taught postgraduate course at the University of Huddersfield in the year following graduation. You will not qualify for the bursary if you take a break from education.
- Available to all University taught postgraduate qualifications except NHS, initial Teacher Training, Diploma in Architecture and Distance Learning courses.
School specific bursaries
The Schools of Music, Humanities and Media (MHM) and Art, Design and Architecture (ADA) offer bursaries for postgraduate students. Please contact these Schools directly for further information.
MHM Contact email: firstname.lastname@example.org
There are also some specific bursaries for teacher training. Find out more information about teaching training bursaries.
Find out more about University life
Your feedback has been sent to the University Web/E-Marketing Team.