Click here to use Summon
What is Summon?
Summon is a search engine that provides fast, simple access to relevant, scholarly material at the University of Huddersfield. Summon provides an integrated search of our
- E-journals and print journals
- Research in the University Repository
- Streaming video recordings from UniTube
Currently Summon contains over 50 million items, with more being added each day, referring to both our own materials and those procured by Serials Solutions, the company behind Summon.
See this guide for how to use Summon:
What's Summon like to use?
It's as easy to use as 1-2-3: Search, Sort and See.
- Enter search terms into a single search box, or select an Advanced Search option
- Refine results by criteria such as date, subject, academic journals and other options
- View results, and link direct to full text or more details
How can I access Summon?
Summon can be accessed on or off campus at any time of the day.
You can access Summon via PortalPlus (My Studies tab) and in UniLearn (Library tab).
Alternatively, access Summon directly at http://library.hud.ac.uk/summon/. This will mean that you will have to log on to any full text resources using your University username and password.
What if I want to access an individual database?
- Access to individual databases can be found by subject or alphabetically from the A to Z List of Electronic Resources link on the Summon front page.
- In addition, as you search Summon it has a built in recommender service which will point you at any individual databases that will help you with your search.
Help with Summon
Further help with Summon is available from the Library and Computing Centre Information Desk or your Subject Team.
Last updated Friday 11 October 2013
Thank you for your feedback.
Your feedback has been sent to the University Web/E-Marketing Team.