What is Summon?
Summon is a search engine that finds books, ebooks, journal articles, repository items and UniTube recordings at the University of Huddersfield.
You can access it on or off campus directly at http://library.hud.ac.uk
via PortalPlus (My Studies tab) or UniLearn (Library tab).
How to use Summon
Enter your search terms into the box, then use the options down the left hand side of the results to make them more specific to your criteria. Click on the title of an item to access it.
Help with Summon
Further help is available from the Subject Enquiry Desk or Ask a Librarian,
What's Summon like to use?
It's as easy to use as 1-2-3: Search, Sort and See.
- Enter search terms into a single search box, or select an Advanced Search option
- Refine results by criteria such as date, subject, academic journals and other options
- View results, and link direct to full text or more details
How can I access Summon?
Summon can be accessed on or off campus at any time of the day.
You can access Summon via PortalPlus (My Studies tab) and in UniLearn (Library tab).
What if I want to access an individual database?
- Access to individual databases can be found by subject or alphabetically from the A to Z List of Electronic Resources link on the Summon front page.
- In addition, as you search Summon it has a built in recommender service which will point you at any individual databases that will help you with your search.