Qualitative Data Part 1: Collection
This course is useful for PGRs who are the stage of collecting and analysing their data and seeking an introduction to qualitative data collection techniques in the SOCIAL SCIENCES and HUMANITIES.
These sessions focus on the collection of qualitative data using interviewing and observational techniques. Please note: they do not cover the collection and analysis of numerical data.
THIS IS A TWO-PART COURSE and participants should also book a place on QUALITATIVE DATA PART 2: ANALYSIS.
- Qualitative Data Part 1: Collection - 22 April 2014
- Qualitative Data Part 2: Analysis - 29 April 2014
To introduce participants to the principles of qualitative data collection, with particular emphasis on interview techniques.
- Recognise the main approaches to qualitative data collection, and have a basic understanding of their theoretical underpinnings
- Design an interview topic guide for qualitative data collection
- Carry out data collection using qualitative interviewing and observational techniques (with appropriate academic supervision and further reading)
Last updated Thursday 3 April 2014
Thank you for your feedback.
Your feedback has been sent to the University Web/E-Marketing Team.