The Graduate Centre
Vitae is a national organisation championing the personal, professional and career development of doctoral researchers and research staff in higher education institutions and research institutes.
The main website can be found at http://www.vitae.ac.uk
- To champion the development and implementation of effective policy.
- To enhance higher education provision through sharing practice and resource.
- To provide access to development opportunities and resources.
- To build an evidence base to support the researcher development agenda.
The Vitae Researchers' Portal is an invaluable resource for postgraduate researchers at all stages of study and research and it is worth familiarising yourself with the web pages and checking back on a regular basis. Vitae provides resources, advice, information, access to discussion fora, courses and training events specifically designed for researchers.
For further information visit the dedicated Vitae Researchers' Portal
The University of Huddersfield is a member of the Yorkshire and North East Vitae Hub.
Hubs work to:
- promote the researcher development agenda at a regional level
- build and sustain a network of staff with local responsibility for supporting researchers
- facilitate a sharing of knowledge and practice
- inform on policy and opportunities
- encourage regional engagement in national discussions & initiatives.
The Yorkshire and North East hub has a full calendar of activities and facilitates regional access to training events for researchers including local GRAD schools and the Effective Researcher programme.
The University of Huddersfield key contact is:
Dionne Coburn, Tel: 01484 471498
Your feedback has been sent to the University Web/E-Marketing Team.