Enterprise and Entrepreneurship
At the University of Huddersfield we offer a fertile environment for enterprise and entrepreneurship, and all our staff are committed to nurturing the generation of innovative ideas.
Our main aims are to:
- produce employable and enterprising graduates
- contribute to economic, social and cultural development
So how do we achieve this?
- We have introduced an intensive support package for graduate start-ups, providing Huddersfield graduates with the business knowledge, contacts and environment to make their business ideas reality.
- A £12 million ERDF-funded innovation hub, the 3M Buckley Innovation Centre, has been built on the University campus, enabling global companies and start-up businesses to collaborate in a unique environment.
- An £8 million EPSRC Centre for Innovative Manufacturing in Advanced Metrology has been launched to research and innovate within this important industry sector.
- We have formed strategic partnerships with the Prince’s Trust and 3M.