Start a business
Thinking of starting your own business or going freelance? Graduated within the past five years? The Enterprise Team is here to help you.
From initial idea through to trading, we can offer valuable support and resources to help you reach your full potential.
As an alumnus you can access free specialist training, one-to-one business advice and coaching on:
- how to write a business plan,
- researching the market,
- branding your product,
- networking skills.
In addition, alumni may also be eligible to apply for:
- a proof-of-concept grant;
- the Business Mine office hot-desk facilities, with free access to vital business support tools such as a computer, printer, telephone and meeting rooms;
- the Activ8 Programme, providing a grant of £2400 and helping you make the transition from idea to real business by giving you intensive one-to-one support for the first six months, followed by a further six months support as and when needed;
- the chance to try out your idea on the public at our free ‘Testing the Market’ stall in Queensgate market.
Rest assured you’re getting help from the best. The University of Huddersfield won the award of ‘Entrepreneurial University of the Year’ at the Times Higher Education Awards 2012.