Placements and internships
Are you looking for someone to fill an existing vacancy, support a particular department or take on a project that other staff may not have the time or skills for?
If so, why not take advantage of your position as an alumnus to help your business and your future fellow-alumni by offering a paid placement or an internship to a current student?
Placements are a great way to bring fresh knowledge, skills and enthusiasm into your organisation and boost your human resources.
- Excellent value - placement students can bring up-to-date skills at a relatively low cost.
- Low risk - on-going assessment and support from the University helps ensure high levels of satisfaction.
- Energy and enthusiasm - with a little bit of direction placement students can achieve excellent results.
- Fresh outlook - students can bring an unbiased view to your organisation.
Our students have the skills and up-to-date knowledge that employers want, as evidenced by our top-10 ranking nationally for:
- undergraduate and postgraduate employability,
- student placements in industry,
- the number of student and graduate businesses supported.
Some recent participants in our placement scheme include the Co-operative Bank, Cummins, EMI Music Publishing, Next, O2, Renault Gears, Sumo Digital and Virgin Media.
Contact us to give us details about your vacancy and we'll do the rest.