Placements and internships
Are you looking for someone to fill an existing vacancy, support a particular department or take on a project that other staff may not have the time or skills for?
Why not take advantage of your position as an alumnus to help your business and your future fellow-alumni by offering a paid placement or an internship to a current student?
Placements are a great way to bring fresh knowledge, skills and enthusiasm into your organisation and boost your human resources.
- Excellent value - placement students can bring up-to-date skills at a relatively low cost.
- Low risk - on-going assessment and support from the University helps ensure high levels of satisfaction.
- Energy and enthusiasm - with a little bit of direction placement students can achieve excellent results.
- Fresh outlook - students can bring an unbiased view to your organisation.
Our students have the skills and up-to-date knowledge that employers want, as evidenced by our top-10 ranking nationally for:
- undergraduate and postgraduate employability,
- student placements in industry,
- the number of student and graduate businesses supported.
Some recent participants in our placement scheme include the Co-operative Bank, Cummins, EMI Music Publishing, Next, O2, Renault Gears, Sumo Digital and Virgin Media.
Contact us to give us details about your vacancy and we'll do the rest.